This is part of my Series on Entrepreneurial Culture.
If you’d like to hear an amazing entrepreneur talk about what he’s learned about over the past fifteen years, definitely listen to Jeff Bezos in this video below. You’ll also hear why he’s so excited about his recent acquisition of Zappos. For those who don’t have time to watch it in its entirety his major points were:
- Be relentlessly focused on your customers
- Be ready to invent on behalf of your customers
- Be ready to think long term and ignore the noise
- Zappos is a remarkable company and is obsessed with its customers
- Remember, it’s always Day One!!
It’s easy to look at the behemoth that Amazon has become today and forget that all of this started with a tiny team working out of Jeff’s house. He is a true visionary.