This is part of my Series on Venture Capital.
A few weeks ago I authored a post describing five common myths about raising capital. In this webinar organized by the National Council for Entrepreneurial Tech Transfer, I am joined by colleagues of mine from the venture, angel and legal community to specifically address the challenges of raising capital and launching new companies in a difficult economic environment. The webinar's agenda also includes the following specific sub-topics:
- How recent market developments are affecting tech transfer offices and startups.
- Emerging trends in the angel investment market.
- Emerging trends in the venture investment market.
- Changes in legal terms of startup transactions.
- Positioning startups for funding and operational success.
In my remarks I specifically address how the economic downturn has affected university start-ups/spin-offs and what steps university venture labs can take in light of such conditions. I welcome your insights as always.